I am covering my gray.
I have told friends, that today, I'm striving to embrace...
I could not embrace.
They annoyed me.
There is a verse in Proverbs about gray hair being a crown...
But as a wise :) friend said, "we aren't born with color on our toenails, but we polish"...
Here's the thing, I am 41 and I am seeing some changes.
Some I have no choice but to embrace, because they are not fixable.
(what's with the loose skin under the neck? gobble gobble)
As my children have gotten older and I've also settled into the safety and ease of my marriage, these things have given me breathing room to acknowledge Lisa outside of wife and mother.
This happens to women at my age...
And I do like it. Very much.
There is a confidence of who I am as a woman. A settling comfortably into my own skin. And being good here. So good.
But along they way things, like gray hairs, have to be studied, and I have to decide what I'm going to do with them.
I think at times how silly it is to study such a thing. But I do.
Because this is where I am. And if feels very good to be here.
1 comment:
It's so fun to read this Lisa because this afternoon I decided not to cover all my gray again. Ha. But I'm nine years older and have lots more gray (er... with me it's white. Which is most unfortunate.) I would go overall color I think, but there is no way I could afford to keep up the six week regimen. Or I don't want to. For now. I don't think issue will ever be permanently decided one way or another where I'm concerned. Maybe if I find a way to have a steady stream of a little surplus cash I'd change my mind. quickly.
Post a Comment