I am blessed to have 2 older sisters, both of them, great mothers. I have most definitely learned so much from watching them throughout the years. All of their children are now pre-teen or teen.
When my oldest sister's children were around the age of my two, she started "The Summer of..." as she witnessed, as the year went on and life became busier and busier, that she needed to reign in some behaviors, and what better time then Summer?
I'll never forget one Summer, her kids were older, and sighed greatly when she established in late-May, "The Summer of Acknowledgement" as they had seemed to master the art of tuning her out. They lost that one! :-)
This Summer for the Inlow's is "The Summer of Self Control". I've already sat the kids down and given them situations specific to them, teaching how with some self-control things would have been better and notes home from the teacher, lost tablet privileges, early bed time or other disciplinary actions would not have taken place.
I've thought a few times how I miss my first Summer implementing this brilliance with "The Summer of Yes-Ma'am". Wow, that was so much easier then self-control. Mercy me.
Funny as I've shared this with other mothers, they immediately jump on this bandwagon and leave knowing exactly what their Summer will be focused on.
I do believe one of the most important things in Motherhood is learning and sharing with other Mothers as we have this most amazing job of training and rearing children.
Because y'all know this...Proverbs 22:6 Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
I'm clinging to that in Jesus' name!!
Happy Summer!
1 comment:
For my children I'd like it to be The Summer Unplugged. For me I'd like it to be The Summer of Decisiveness -- make decisions then don't worry. I guess since summer officially started I can decisively decide this now.
Post a Comment