Max can see a small white Lego piece and be able to tell me to what Lego creation it goes too. "Oh, this goes to my Star Wars X Wing Fighter", so obviously this kids mind is a steel trap of information.
Hmm, I need to put some stuff in there.
In the quietness of early morning, Scott on his way to work, Jenna still sacked out in her bed, Max eating breakfast, I said, "hey buddy, when you are older and want to get married, it's very important that you marry a girl who loves Jesus more than she loves you..." He was quiet, then looked at me with those almond shaped eyes and said, "ok mom, I will".
Will he remember?
I've been noticing how his sphere of influence is expanding at a speed I'm not really comfortable with, but know this is part of growing up...and motherhood.
Letting go.
"Lord, they are not mine, they are Yours..."
As they go out in the world...
Then I re-direct, guide, discipline, love.
And then there's Jenna. Kindergarten. My baby.
I am seeing my children's world getting bigger. No longer am I the center of it. Oh sometimes I am...
Letting go.
I don't want the, what feels like losses, I am experiencing make me hold them tighter.
For me personally, it's trusting Him with them.
This is me, watching them go.
Then as I walk home I whisper to Him, "please take care of them".
No comments:
Post a Comment