Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Journey (revisited)

This blog is worth repeating.  I posted it 2 years ago as I was sending Max to Kindergarten.  Now I am sending Jenna.
Yesterday at Open House, I had the same continual peace from the Father about this school and that, without a doubt, this is where our children are suppose to be.
I am also incredibly thankful for my husband and his leadership in our home.
Praying for a great 2013-14 year!!


Proverbs 3:5-6 (The Message) Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all.
I was just going through my boys backpack, checking the daily folder, and was, once again, reminded of the Father's faithfulness to me as He took me on quite a journey in where we would send him to Kindergarten. I was raised in private schools and have always thought that my kids would attend a private school. My husband, is the opposite, hmm... :)

Ephesians 5:22-24 (The Message)
Wives, understand and support your husbands in ways that show your support for Christ. The husband provides leadership to his wife the way Christ does to his church, not by domineering but by cherishing. So just as the church submits to Christ as he exercises such leadership, wives should likewise submit to their husbands.

After yet, another conversation with my husband about choice of school, and he, again, stating that he really believed the district elementary school is best for our son, I told the Lord that He had to help me get happy about it, to please have me drop that boy off on his first day and have tears of joy and excitement, not dread and concern.

The day I took him to registration, then many weeks later to orientation, each time I had a continual lump in my throat for so many reasons.

First, the Father was so faithful to get me to a place of pure excitement! "Trust God from the bottom of your heart, don't try and figure everything out on your own", then further down the passage, "don't assume that you know it all (Lisa)"...oops.

Second, that the Father did not make a mistake (not possible for Him) in setting up the family the way he did. There is a reason he has the husband "provides leadership to his wife the way Christ does to his church". I am so glad (though honestly not loving that I was not getting my way) that I took my concerns to the Lord and asked Him to please take over my running-on-high-emotion heart and not only get me on the same page of my husband, but have me be at peace.

And of course, He did. Like He always does.

6 comments:

Women Who Pray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Women Who Pray said...

I really enjoyed this. You really have said a mouthful here, and I've been in that place for 43 years now...so thankful that Tim is the head and I'm not....often wanting my way at first, but so glad in the end...time after time...unfailing faithfulness on our LORD's part...to assure me that He made no mistake placing husbands as head. :)

Women Who Pray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Women Who Pray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Miles said...

It's funny Lisa. Something you wrote struck me in a way that I don't think you intended. "the Father did not make a mistake (not possible for Him) in setting up the family the way he did." I know you are talking about the family structure but when I read it I took it "the Father did not make a mistake in setting up your family the way he did." We have three children. One biologically and two through adoption. I have had struggles with all three. Sometimes I wonder if I'm up to the challenge, but your words reminded me -- that God set up and planned our family. There is a reason, I was given all three of these children. He believes that I could be the mother they need. Thanks. I needed that today. Hug.

Unknown said...

Oh I love this and honestly I'm SO glad I'm not the head of the household (although there are times that I wish/think I am) =) What a responsibility they have (not to mention accountability I don't want) and it's so nice when I'm wavering on a decision and Jud just says "We're doing X!"

ps- can we PLEASE hang out soon. Read a couple other blogs and I just am loving you already. We may have too much fun together though…