In my weight loss of 70+ pounds, I have learned a thing...or 12.
So in the start of this new year, I quickly want to share what the biggest change was for me.
Only eating when I am truly hungry. Not because the clock shows certain numbers.
This is so huge. HUGE.
I had to learn what hunger felt like. Ya know, stomach growling, or thinking, "my stomach feels empty, dang, I'm hungry"...
I am shocked, still going on 3 years, shocked, at how much I ate compared to how little I eat now.
And here's the thing people. This is America, there is food EVERYWHERE!
So this ridiculous notion I had that for 10 or horrors, 30 minutes I might be famished, is what drove me to eat when I was not truly hungry, in the anticipation of being hungry, later.
People, get off that crazy train!!!
A closing tip. If you work and head out with friends, or have a lunch date and you are attempting to try this new thing of only eating when hungry. Eat small. A side salad, small cup of soup or, wait for it.....only eat the chips and salsa and don't order an entree.
[I hear you all gasping]
Are you really hungry after all those chips and 3 refills of Diet Coke??
I dare you to try this.
[I take cash or gift cards]
:-)
1 comment:
Hey -- I don't know how I missed that you had lost 70 pounds. Wow. Lisa. That is something. I know what positive energy and determination that took. That is awesome. And I've got to take what you wrote to heart. It seems like my metabolism has slowed to a crawl this past year. And I just can't eat like I used to. I do really need to listen to my hunger more. My plan is losing about 5 to 7 pounds that have snuck on in the past few years -- by my big birthday this summer. And it's not my 40th. I do need to start waiting for hunger and stopping when that full feeling first appears. Great post and thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment