Sunday, December 16, 2012

Trust

Our family just made a quick trip to Wal-Mart.  Scott was the only one to go in, the kids and I stayed in the car.

As I was watching people go into the store, I stared at each one at length, determining if they looked like they were armed or dangerous.

Three days ago, I did not do this.

I sat there and realized what I was doing.  My shoulders were tense, I was feeling anxious.  

I then thought of my Heavenly Father.  He is where I put my trust in the safety of my family.

Now, does that mean that what happened in CT, could not happen at my son or daughter's school?

No, it does not.  It very well could.

But I cannot let this waiver my faith in the Almighty.

Tomorrow when I put my boy on the bus, I will have a pit in my stomach I'm sure.

But see, Max is not mine, he is His.  I am not able to truly protect him, only God can.

The same God who sent His only son to earth, to live here in human flesh, to die upon a cross out of nothing but pure love for us...is the same God today.

So tomorrow, I will send both my children to school.  And I will beg the Father to send out his angels to surround them, and protect them from harm.

And then I will do my best to walk in the Light.  To rest there...

Philippians 4:6  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.

Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18  Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in all circumstances.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking the same thing. How important it is to model 'walking by faith' to our kids. If I am fearful, they will also be.
-Angela