This afternoon I am home with little sister who has some sniffles. She is already warm and napping in her bed. We miss birthday boy's game today. One of those tough decisions, a long nap in preparation of school tomorrow, or game because we hate to miss. We typically err on the side of let's-try-and-stay-healthy consciousness. So the Inlow girls are home.
Ya know, usually once I step outside of how things effect me and look around at the 3 other faces in my life, I immediately realize all is okay.
Max and his Daddy get to spend the afternoon together on the baseball field. I was snack mom, of course, so he can grin ear-to-ear handing out birthday chocolate chip cookies and juice boxes.
I made him promise me that today, he would have so much fun playing baseball. No matter what the coach says to do with his feet and hands at the plate, where he is in the field, or if they win or lose, just "please have so much fun"! He said, "I can't wait mommy, to have fun on my birthday"!
This afternoon he will start building his new X-wing Starfighter Star Wars Lego, so the kitchen table will not be fully usable for a few days. :)
Last night he wanted Moes' for dinner, followed by picking out a book at Barnes & Noble that I will read to his class tomorrow after we have lunch together.
Oh goodness do I love Max Samuel. I still am brought to tears when looking at him from across the table as he is telling me something about his day, or while he's reading at night before bed, when I hear his voice in the backseat...
I so desperately want him to know how much he is loved, and appreciated. And what a blessing he is to me.
I wish I could explain the feeling I had, 7 years ago today, when my midwife Mary Jane, handed that boy to me. After all we had been through, the excruciating loss we had experienced...
And there he was, in my arms, all bundled up...eyes closed, so quiet...and warm.
I remember thinking, "you're who we've been waiting for."
3 comments:
Aw thats sweet. I hope he had a great birthday!
-Christine
Love this. Something about our baby boys. I dropped my son back off at his dorm Monday morning and suddenly my throat was clamped shut and tears were in my eyes. You were a good mama not to get over stressed about missing his game. Seems when they are young they always get sick around some big event. No use letting it get you down. Such a sweet pic.
such sweetness, friend. love.
Post a Comment