Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Milestones

* My oldest child can handle all bathroom situations from start to finish. Alone.

* This child can also read.

* This has been my favorite Spring/Summer season in many, many years. I continue to be astonished at the mental hold being overweight had on me. These 2 sentences go hand-in-hand.

* It is okay for the house to be messy. Children live here and do not need a mother more concerned about things looking a certain way then them living their little lives to the fullest.

* We are seeing a new sense of self determination in our son. He is learning to ride his bike and instead of it being something we are having to push him toward, he is embracing more the satisfaction of the ride. *big lump in throat*

* I do not care about being tan. I wasted a lot of precious time being concerned (consumed) with this. Down deep I didn't want to care, now I don't. Welcome to my late (can't get much later) 30's.

* I am now reading my Bible because I want to and miss it when I go days and haven't made it a priority. It's not about guilt anymore. (I have to type that again) It's not about guilt anymore.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Especially the last one! (:

Angela

Anonymous said...

Wonderful milestones. :) Amazing how time can go by and you don't realize what is missing, but you know something is. Love that last one.
Christine

irish coffee and chocolate said...

Very cool! I think late 30s are great...love the lessons you're learning. I've been learning stuff too.

Jennifer said...

Great milestones. I think one of the reasons you are enjoying this summer so much more is the milestones that you mentioned. Letting go and living! I'm trying to accomplish some of these same milestones, myself, and have noticed the summer is much more enjoyable.

Mama D! said...

Leslie and I were discussing tonight the mindset of letting the house go... in order to enjoy the kids. I'm so there!
I'm glad we're still friends. :)