My husband says I have systems. In other words I have ways of doing things as efficiently as possible. Most of these systems have to do with caring for my children along with save my self a buck or two...or a headache or two.
He will often say, "you need to blog about that" and I will think it's plain silly to blog about this or that. But here goes, I'm going to blog about a few of these things.
Now settle down, it's nothing earth shattering, I promise. And most of this has to do with living through potty training. Aren't y'all excited?! :-)
My daughter has pretty much mastered going to the bathroom, but has not mastered giving me plenty of notice, or holding it. At home, this is not a problem, in the car, well it could be a problem or a situation.
I avoid problems and situations at all cost! So, I keep a toddler potty as well as plenty of Publix bags to line the potty, in the back of my car. I only line the potty for certain deposits, as the other can water the grass. Ahem. When the Publix bag has been christened, tie it up, throw in the nearest trash can.
My husband also says, that if the earth were coming to and end, or we simply broke down and it took a while for the wrecker to come, we could safely live out of my car for 2 weeks.
Let's head back to the back of my Pilot. In a small bin I have a change of clothes for each child, (three changes of clothes if the child was potty training). I also have a container of wipes that never leaves the very back of the car (sure does come in handy with those deposits in the aforementioned Publix bag), along with sunscreen, insect repellant spray, a gallon size bag of plastic forks and knives, drinking straws, and a small baggy with a few band-aids and Neosporin.
Aside from the baby wipes, do I need these things very often? No. But when I do, oh man, I'm glad I have them.
One more point on the potty training (gee, can you tell I just got through this stage?!). Once you've said bye-bye to Pull-Ups and you are heading out in the big girl/boy undies, there's the issue of accidents happening in their car seat. And we all know that's a rockin' good time cleaning that up. Hold up...
Go dig through your kids closet for those waterproof changing pads that you haven't used in months and months, now that's what they sit on in their car seat...a lifesaver (or seat saver!).
And so, if you ever see me out and about an you just don't have it in you to run into Walgreens or heaven forbid, Wal Mart, for 1 or 2 items, flag me down and we can rummage through my car, I'm sure I have whatever you need neatly tucked inside a Ziploc bag. :-)
P.S. I have so many systems about food, it's hard for even me to keep up. And most are centered around time savers as dinner time is. the. worst. time. of. my. day...to put it simply. A blog for another time.
2 comments:
I like to be prepared too:) I carry a lot of stuff in my purse...but since I"m out of the stage of babies/toddlers/and even preschoolers, my stuff is less. I like handwash and chapstick for myself...good post:)!
Great writing and so useful! Lisa I'm thrilled to be your friend on fb and to know you are serving the Lord! This is divine appointment today...our re-connecting..I am so blessed! As for the potty training stuff...since I'm very much involved with my 2-year-old granddaughter's potty training...I not only love it ...I will share your blog with my daughter inlaw!
Post a Comment