I'm ready for mornings spent in our jammies out on the playset, me with coffee and book in hand.
I'm ready for sleeping in, not constantly glancing at the clock and thinking, "I need to get up and get going". Ready for Max (THE early riser in the family) to climb in bed with me and watch PBS Kids while I snooze.
I'm ready for kids staying up later...an easy evening instead of dinner. Baths. Bed. Maybe we'll have dinner, head outside to play, then load up and head to DQ for mini-Blizzards.
And I'm ready for the pool, only because I've enlisted my 14 year old niece to accompany me on this venture. If you know me well, you know I'm not a pool person. But as my kids get older, every Summer I have more determination to get to the pool more so my kids will grow up loving the pool, not take on their mom's hangups....they'll get enough of those!!
And I am very ready for a beach trip. We are branching out this year and heading to the Atlantic coast. And bonus, no baby in diapers - yippee - and all can sleep in a bed, no need to haul the pack-n-play. Can we leave today?! :)
I am also ready for play-dates with friends that we aren't able to see very often during the year due to the business of life. It's time to catch up with these folks that we miss and love.
So I just caught my breath at what these next months hold. I'm so thankful for the reprieve of Summer...the sit-around-relax-chill days of Summer.
7 comments:
Couldn't agree with you more!! Kids are on spring break and I'm lovin it!!!
You're such a good mommy. I have to admit--summertime always makes me a little nervous. You've inspired a future blog post! ;)
We're ready for summer too! (but you don't have M. in school do you?) ahhh summertime. love it.
I can't wait for summer either! Playdates please! :)
Girl..I have been counting down since school started last August. I am so with you on this.
NOTHING like long Summer days with our babies....it's heavenly.
Add us to the playdate list. CFA and Toddler Park - here we come.
Can't wait!! :))
I love the play-date part. I'm summertime with one all the time and the others in and out. I have 5 grandgirls, Lisa, after the 3 boys that you know. I do love summertime. Mary can attest to I like fun with grands! :)!!
Post a Comment