Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow Realizations

So we've been home all week, lots of time on my hands to think and observe...more than usual, if that's even possible.

There is nothing on TV and we don't even have cable. I realized last night that I had watched two shows on PBS, back to back! Wow, that's rough. Immediately upon this realization, I called Scott into the family room to, once again, watch more King of Queens (some of the best money ever spent, we own all 9 season). It was then that I felt like myself again.

I have been fascinated by the local news. Yes, the same weather reports, traffic reports, shots of jackknifed big rigs, reporters in the field bending down showing us the ice...I've been mesmerized. Sad, but true.

Breakfast meals can be stretched for days and days. We've eaten our share of scrambled eggs with cheese, toast, bacon, oatmeal and Eggo waffles. And for me personally, rice cakes, Nutella, banana. If you've never tried Nutella, don't start, your life will forever be changed. At first you will be teary-eyed and want to put me in your will, but then you will realize all the extra squats you'll have to do then promptly remove me from aforementioned will. It's a love/hate thing.

The laundry has never been this caught up for this many consecutive days. It's even put away. Someone call Ripley's.

I am so glad that I put a few of the kids toys away in their closets from Christmas. They get so many and I don't think they are able to enjoy each to their fullest. Yesterday morning I got them out and they've been life savers!

The kids play really well together, I'm so glad! Hearing them in the playroom playing with Thomas and all his compadres warms the soul.

We have all been going through ChickFilA withdrawals, the kids requesting it daily. My wonderful husband just walked in the door with 2 sack loads of nugget goodness.

So with that, I have one more thought, and y'all know me, it will be serious. The Lord knew I needed these days at home snuggled indoors with my family. This also forced me not to busy my days attempting to quite my worrisome mind. I have talked to Him more than usual, have caught up on my Bible reading as I've joined my hubby in reading through the entire Bible this year. I think this will do a lot for our relationship, how could it not?

3 comments:

irish coffee and chocolate said...

I love nutella:) have you tried it with PB before? it's like a Reese! mmm.
Wow you have snow!? Crazy!
Amazing that you read through the Bible in a year. Good for you!
I just heard we're getting Target in Canada! yay! (probably it will take a year or two...but yay!)

Mulberry Manor said...

My son lives for peanut butter and nutella sandwiches. My sis even brought him a 2 Kilogram jar of it one year from Germany. We used it as icing on his birthday cake that year. Never have I seen so much nutella. Oh, and he was in heaven when I took him to Italy this past spring as every bakery has these delightful little nutella stuffed pastries!! They even have nutella gelato. Seriously. I die.
Haha - back to your blog though...we have been in the same situation. -38 temps, not going outside more than absolutely necessary. I still don't feel caught up, but it is getting better. :) Glad you were able to snuggle in and feel homey. Such a nice feeling.

Angela said...

Kroger makes a crunchy (generic) Nutella. I wish it had protein more protein in it! (:
Angela