My son calls me "she". He of course calls me "Mommy" majority of the time, but when speaking of me to someone else I am simply, "she".
Hearing this goes straight to my heart. I am his she, he doesn't have another, though one day, he will. He will fall in love with a young woman and she will become his "she".
But until that day comes, I will continue to eat up hearing him speak this word about me. I will continue to shower that dimpled face with kisses until he says, "STOP"! And I will continue to grab him as he runs through the house, and squeeze this boy who has my heart all wrapped up in that little hand of his.
And when he is older, I will share with him what an incredible blessing he is, how we waited for his arrival. Not always knowing when that special day would come, but fervently praying...waiting.
And then he came.
She has never been the same.
3 comments:
That is adorable. and Beautiful!
So sweet, Lisa. They'll just never know how they melt our hearts until they have children of their own.
Love this....
Post a Comment