I feel led to share a few more tips if you're wanting to drop a few pounds or jean sizes.
There are a few little things I do.
The first is not little, but HUGE. Start here:
* Pray. Listen y'all, He cares. Giving Him this area of my life, helped me not to become consumed, which is incredibly easy to do when you are at the base of Mt. Everest without any training.
Give Him your day. Ask Him for guidance. Ask Him for courage, determination and willpower.
Now a few little things:
* When running errands, park far out in the parking lot. I mean, far. Every time.
* Take the stairs at home 2 at a time. Every time. If you're old (and short) like me it's a bit of an ego boost that you can still do it without tripping and falling on your face.
* Don't go into a meal, excited that you're going to pig out. Instead wear your snug or fit-perfectly jeans. I still do this.
* And on a similar note. Be done with this phrase, "I ate too much". It is possible, and recommended, to not overeat. Plus y'all, it just feels so good! Give it a try.
Okay, that's all. :-)
1 comment:
These are all great reminders Lisa. I hit this time of the year -- with a winter of being captive and I never like the way my body feels in clothes. These days it's the midsection. Ugh. Everything they say about middle age spread is true. You are right. It is doing a lot of little things right that wins the big battle. I've got to start watching the little things again. And not just snacking on pretzels will I mindlessly sit at the computer.
Post a Comment