* I'm incredibly bummed that Spring clothes are already out in full-force...well, at least at Carter's, OshKosh and Gymboree. Seriously, why, why, why???
* I love it that the Falcons are heading to the playoffs. But I must admit, I don't know if I'm ready for all the stinkin' hype. Dirty Bird anyone?
* I am so thankful that my boy's sinuses have matured over the last year. Though we go through our share of Kleenex, colds don't seem to be as frequent or intense. I really did pray the past 2 years that the Lord would touch that boys sinuses. HE cares about the little things.
* I really wish that young Green Bay quarterback would have beaten Mr. Giselle Bundchen.
* My hubby is taking some time off between Christmas and New Years. I requested a vacation day, that's right, mommy will be gone the entire day. I don't really know what I'm going to do, but that's part of the fun. I might just go sit in silence and stare...while drinking some Starbucks Christmas bliss in a cup. And then maybe I'll go eat lunch at Chipotle because I'm ALWAYS outvoted by all other peeps in the car, yep, even the little ones yells "no mommy, Moe's"! :-)
* I'm not hating seeing "M" in a few of my shirt tags. I guess eating a whole heck of a lot less food pays off. As well as sweating your butt off every now and again. Not glowing, but really sweating, like can't run into Publix for a few items because I stink, sweating. Who knew, eating less and exercise...ha ha!
* Getting Christmas cards in the mail from friends is uber-fun. I love seeing the faces of people I love and care about.
* Hubby is watching a new movie, "Pacific" about WWII. Though I truly appreciate these films, and adore him pausing and telling me (with such passion) the history behind this scene or that, I do, at times, wonder when the next installment of "Project Runway" will be hitting the airways.
* Our church, Graystone, had the children's Christmas programs yesterday. I had a lump in my throat the entire time watching my boy do the hand motions and sing. Then the 2nd service, watching him again, with his Daddy crouched down up front snapping pics, baby girl on my lap waving at her brother. To me, and I'm serious here, it does not get any better. Thank You Lord!!!
* I am incredibly tired of doing the whole nightly wash-face-moisturize routine. I've been doing this since I was in 7th grade when my mom finally let me start wearing make-up. I have wasted countless hours of my life laying on the couch dead-dog-tired procrastinating dragging my butt upstairs to do all of this, again.
...and with that, I'm done, I need to go upstairs and wash my face. :-)
7 comments:
I hate washing my face too! I have always had high-maintenance skin, so I have to do the whole acne-medication-that-will-bleach-your-clothes routine. A couple days ago, I decided to whiten my teeth with that Crest stuff (it makes me gag), so now I have something else to dread. Not sure if it's working since I've skipped every other day. (:
Congrats on losing weight! I know how hard it is. I need to get in the groove and get this baby fat off, but my motivation is still nada.
I can't believe my comment actually posted this time!!!!!!!!!
Such a cute post. :) I laughed about "Pacific" - your DH and mine would get along great. History buffs. I think mine goes a little overboard with the salvaging history part though. He collects military memorabilia - not just little stuff like medals either. Oh, and I hate washing my face. I went through a period of time when juggling 4 babies aged 5 and under where I thought it likely didn't make any difference to my 'never dewy and glowing' skin to wash it the night before and would just wash it in the shower the next morning. Other than makeup stains on my pillow (the days I managed to put makeup on that is), I don't think my skin was affected at all. But, I returned to the nightly washing anyway, if only to have a clean surface for all those anti wrinkle creams I seem to need more and more of!
Enjoyed getting a glimpse of these days of your life. Congrats on the size M and have a WONDERFUL Christmas with your beautiful family!
I would love to help you with your vacation day! Let me know when that will be and if possible, I would love to join you.
Donna R.
You're so cute! I love glimpses into your life:) Good job at getting all sweaty doing excercise--I haven't worked up a sweat in forever! What kind of stuff do you do? gym? dvd? run? I LOL about your face...I NEVER wash my face at night. I always have mascara on my pillowcase:) Good thing I don't wear foundation/powder, I guess:)
I really enjoy reading your thoughts... but seriously, I think we deserve a picture or two every now and then! What happened to all those taken by Daddy crouched in front of the children's production?
Just Saying!
How did your vacation day go? I hope you ate Chipotle to your heart's content! ;)
I cracked up reading about your face-washing routine because I skipped mine last night. It really does take up a precious three minutes that I could be in bed sleeping!
Post a Comment