Today has been a sweet day celebrating Scott. Having a 5 and 2 year old sure does take the celebrating of birthdays to the next level. Their purity of excitement is thought provoking. Do we adequately gush over loved ones on their personal yearly milestone...
We opened gifts before leaving for church. Max was not able to contain his excitement blurting out what each gift was before Scott had the opportunity to see for himself. Scott and I both chuckled, me with tears in my eyes, as we witnessed our usually introverted boy overcome with joy in celebrating his Daddy.
And the day continued to get better as we were able to re-connect with folks we had seen the previous night at a Christmas party. It was baby dedication day too, which gave us the opportunity to celebrate with friends as they gave their precious ones back to their Creator.
On our way home snow flurries began to flutter on the windshield...
After lunch Max assisted in lining candles up on the cake and singing "Happy Birthday". Then, we ate cake!
Throughout the afternoon the snow has continued to fall, nothing sticking, of course, but beautiful just the same.
I snoozed on the couch while the Falcons game hummed in the background. Baby girl was cozy in her bed, Scott and Max working on Lego tanker trucks at the kitchen table.
This great day will come to an end as we watch Cowboys vs Eagles on Sunday Night Football while eating one more piece of birthday cake. Christmas tree lights twinkling nearby, gas logs switched on :-)...
I am so thankful for the simplicity of our lives. The quiet contentment inside our home. I am not able to literally shout if from the rooftops as I'd wish, so I will say here. I give all the glory to the ever faithful Father who has blessed us, beyond measure.
3 comments:
Loved reading about Max's excitement--sweet thing!
Donna R.
It sounds like the perfect day!
You are such a blessing. Your hubby and kids are blessed to have you as wife and mommy. I love how you are simply enjoying these moments with your kids while they are still so young, just taking it all in and living your life contentedly with them. It's just such a beautiful picture. :)
Post a Comment