Thursday, July 29, 2010

Peace and Rest

I needed to quiet my mind this morning, so I read and soaked up Psalm 23. My prayer is that you will also find comfort in these sweet words.

The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need.

He lets me rest in green meadows;
He leads me beside peaceful streams.

He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

Even when I walk
through the dark valley of death,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.

You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You welcome me as a guest,
anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

Surely your goodness and unfailing
love will pursue me all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of
the Lord forever.

4 comments:

Jill Hill said...

Wow, this post was for me. Thank you, thank you. You do NOT know how I needed to read those words and soak them in myself.

I love you, sweet girl...so grateful for your friendship.

Rebekah said...

just what i needed to hear...

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

thanks, lisa. good stuff!!!

Jill Hill said...

Lisa, I have to tell you that my dear friend Heather passed the very next morning after you posted this. When I got home, heavy hearted and teary eyed from seeing her Thursday night, I came straight to my computer and came across your post on Psalm 23. I copied it and emailed it to Heather's sister. It gives me chills just thinking about the timing of these words.


In awe of Him,

Jill