Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer; Closing Thoughts

My kids have played so well together this Summer.  Must be their ages as Jenna has gotten older, can communicate well and play right alongside her big brother, sneaking in a stuffed animal or mermaid alongside Optimus and Darth Vader.  He has not skipped a beat and though sometimes sighing, welcomes them into their world of play.

We have been enjoying the Olympics as a family.  Introducing the kids to sports they would not otherwise see on TV very much or ever.  Volleyball has been the one to keep their attention the longest, and we could not be more thrilled as it is one of our favorites as well.  And upon entering the family room, seeing whatever sport is on, then loudly asking, "is the USA winning"?!

Max has learned to swim!  Hands down, he's got it!  For my friends, y'all know how much this weighed on me as it was a struggle at the beginning.  But not any longer, praise the Lord!!

As for Jenna, just today at a swim birthday party Scott removed the pink swimmies as he started teaching her how to swim.  She is catching on very fast, and even when sinking, is smiling the entire way under water.  And when he pulls her back up, she expresses how much fun she is having!

I was able to go on my first trip, sans husband or kids, for 4 days, with my mother...it was divine!  I did not know, or had forgotten, what true relaxation was.  I know I will look back fondly on those days for years to come, for many reasons.  I am so thankful.

So Monday we start the routine, and I welcome it.  A few new changes coming down the pike as I put Max on the bus, then a few weeks later, take my girl to pre-school.

He is ready for his new ride, and she is ready to step out of the nest.

And I am ready too...almost.

I am thankful for the blessing and pleasure of pouring my life into my family.  But I am also ready for what the Lord has next for me, personally.

Those few hours each day, to catch my breath.  Enjoy a bit of quiet amidst the duty, chores and busyness of life.

I was sitting on the couch this afternoon looking at my husband and children.  Words cannot express the gratitude I have for them, and how honored I am to live my life, with them.

Thank you sweet Father.

No comments: