My boy lost his first tooth today! It's been a welcome ray of sunshine and laughter on a rainy Tuesday in December, and baby girl has not been feeling well.
I first noticed the loose tooth, today. Yes, today as he was messing with it. To which I said, "MAX DO YOU HAVE A LOOSE TOOTH??" He replied, behind a red face, lots of giggling and lots of dimples, that he did.
He was eating a grape and out it came. He waved at me in the kitchen (shocker, I was in the kitchen!) and pointed to the tooth haphazardly laying on the table! We laughed some more, took the appropriate picture, put the tooth in a snack bag then called Daddy.
And this is my life...and I love every moment of it. Even when a fevered little girl is laying in my arms watching another episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I try not to let the moment slip away. I try (often I rush elsewhere) but I try to savor the stillness. Smooching her head, or smelling her hair.
On Sunday was our church's childrens Christmas program, our boy had a speaking part and he nailed it! I could not have been more proud. I even raised my hand and did a quite "yahoo"! My heart was bursting with pride.
Between services a friend of mine was messing with me about raising my hands and cheering after Max finished his lines. To which I replied that if I couldn't get really excited over my kids, what could I get excited about?! This is where I pour my heart, energy and emotion. These 2 are what 100's of my prayers are regarding.
I love being a mother. It is hard too. And there are many days my brain feels mush-like and I wonder if it will ever bounce back! But if it doesn't, I'm okay with that. I can not imagine for me a more worthwhile profession.
I have the dream job...with an eternal paycheck.
3 comments:
you SHOULD be proud! He did a fantastic job! He's a natural. (:
-Angela
If you can't get excited about your kids what can you get excited about--LOVE IT! You are such a good momma!
I love that it has an eternal paycheck.
Post a Comment