I have to admit that a lot of times when I sit down to blog, I realize I am blogging...about not much. Random thoughts??
A lot of this has to do with the fact that my main communication is with a 3 year old little girl. No fault of hers, or anyone else for that matter, a choice we've made for our family for me to stay home. Love it and would not change a thing. But this brain, already rapidly approaching 40, can get a bit mushy.
So again, I sit down to unload, again via #'s 1- whatever, about things that have caught my attention as of late.
1. My son will slip, while running on hardwoods with socks on, fall and then say, "that was awesome!" Again, while going upstairs, trips, falls with a thud that shakes the house, followed by "oh man, that was so awesome!" P.S. He is not a klutz, just a boy who moves fast.
2. He has also picked up the phrase, "I don't care"...ahem, uh, I do, about attitude behind those words. I've had to throw him the mom look. Apparently I have a pretty good one which results in an immediate, "sorry Mommy". ;-)
3. I have thought a lot about waiting on a miracle. Are we hasty with our decisions and not hold on patiently seeing what the Father will do? Think about the woman who had been bleeding for many, many years (Mark 5) and knew that if she could just touch the hem of Jesus' clothes she would be healed. Do we have that kind of faith today? Do we take all the energy we can muster and reach out to Him...to experience a miracle.
4. I have been enjoying the book of James. Just good stuff I tell ya, good stuff. Go get your Bible and read, STAT!!
5. My children are properly mesmerized by the Disney movie, "The Aristocats". When I was growing up we did not have TV, so we listened to records, the big 33's, I guess they are called. Each record came with a picture book and we would listen, and listen and listen. It definitely forced us to use our imagination...not a bad thing at all.
6. We have trees in our subdivision that are fluorescent yellow. I often gasp when I see one. Who doesn't love Fall?
7. As a result of Fall, I have been wanting to bake, a lot. Too bad I really watch my gluten in-take. Though I did break out my bread maker yesterday and made my peeps some "homemade" bread. They wake up blurry-eyed requesting it, it's that good.
8. I say this a lot in this blog, and if you know me, out-loud. But I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and His love for me. He has rescued me on so many levels.
9. I am blessed beyond measure with a quiet-spirited husband who is kind, loves me, is a phenomenal provider and an amazing father.
10. The majority of the time I choke up when watching the final minutes of "What Not To Wear" when a woman who has been viewing herself negatively for years, finally sees how lovely she truly is. Gets me every time.
3 comments:
it's not nothing. I love the insight into your mind and heart! Can't wait to sit and chat about miracles, and James - yes!!
oh, and sorry I have your bread knife when you need it most. I am holding it hostage until I get a piece of freshly baked bread. (No, I am not above this!)
-Angela
i love you!
My most beautiful Lisa - you bless me so much everytime I read your words - your heart poured out onto the page. You are the most amazing woman and I so wish that I could be daily exposed to and mentored by your mothering and wife-ing? spousing?? lovin' on Scott!:) I miss you so very much.... give loves to family and to you! Receive our Father's blessings today...
Post a Comment