Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Gift

Scott recently purchased the clay-mation movie, "The Miracle Maker" which is the story of Jesus. Since it's clay-mation, it is very fun for children to watch, this was Scott's whole purpose for purchasing this film.

They are actually watching it now as I'm making a dish to take to a reunion. But our kitchen and great-room flow into one room, so I'm watching it as well while I'm busy.

The story of Jesus is so moving to me that at times I have to stop watching. I sometimes feel guilty for this fact...

But I honestly am completely overwhelmed when I really stop and try to wrap my brain around all He did, for me.

And the scenes between Mary and her boy, Jesus...

I remember the first Christmas that I had Max, he was almost 3 mos. old and I was holding him standing at our mantle describing the nativity scene. I came to Mary and was not able to say anything. I had to walk away.

His love, His unconditional pure love. He gave His life for me. And then I think about how He has protected me. Sitting here typing this, I am overwhelmed.

I really look forward to heaven. Oh man, I can't wait to see Him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your post, we watched this movie through Netflix. I know the feeling! I loved all of Jacob's questions throughout the movie too. It's just hard explaining all that Jesus did for us without crying!
Mandy

Mary Mason said...

Lisa I love to read your post I can see your mother's heart expressed in ways that overwhelms me even right now I am wiping tears away as it reminds me how blessed I have been to be a mom. Can't wait to get this movie too!
You are so Special!!!

Jennifer said...

I haven't seen this movie, but, Lisa, I think it is wonderful that you haven't let the truth of the Gospel grow stale in your heart. I think it's very easy to stop experiencing the impact of what God has done because it is a truth that some have known for a long time. You've inspired me to keep drawing closer to the Lord!

Jill Hill said...

Beautifully written. I love your heart.

Mulberry Manor said...

I've never heard of this movie, but it sounds so good. I love that you can find the story of Christ's love so moving, even in a claymation movie! I have a hard time having a "soft" heart these days. I don't know why. But it's people like you that inspire me to grow closer in my walk with Jesus.

lola said...

Hi. Thanks so much for the comment. I was nervous about posting it out there for everyone to see as some find it too "revealing". But Birth is is beautiful and I wanted to share my good experience with it. Blessings to you.

ps. Now I'm insanely curious about who you went to high school with.