Saturday, July 10, 2010

Places I Like To Be

Sitting next to Scott. Seeing that he works at AT&T Monday through Friday, all the while I'm at home with Max and Jenna...I always notice when I am sitting next to him. Just sitting. In church or in the car where I tend to loop my arm around his. Last night at a wedding, then at the reception, where a few times I leaned over to tell him something in his ear. I love these times where I can be with my husband, even if only for a moment before we are physically pulled in the different directions of life.

I like to be sitting in my spot on the couch with a cup of coffee right next to me. I might be reading or have Max or Jenna on my lap. Other times I sit quietly and just stare out the window.

I have started enjoying being outside walking and/or running with my IPOD blaring in my ears, sweat running down my back, feet aching. A lot of times I have the kids loaded up in the double walking stroller chomping on their snacks and chugging their juice. I always think, "I don't want to be anywhere else".

I like to be in the presence of other women where our common thread is in striving to be better wives and mothers. Sharing all sorts of things about kids, husbands, what are Heavenly Father is teaching us, housework, getting dinner on the table, shoes, clothes, things that weigh on our minds, things we pray for and about, our highs, our lows. These are connections that fuel me on in my role as wife and mother.

And I honestly do like being in a place of spiritual growth. 99% of the time the growth is painful. But as I trudge along I'm confident in Him taking me from a place I don't need or want to be on to a better place of peace. All, in Him.

2 comments:

Mary Mason said...

I love your expression, putting words into pictures makes me be there in your moments...now that's talent!!!

Anonymous said...

I like your "places to be":) fun to learn about you like that.
Christine O.